Millions of people are injured in preventable accidents each year. Personal injury law is the area of law that seeks to compensate people injured by the negligence of others for the injuries and other losses. The kinds of damages that are available in a personal injury case vary, but often include compensation for medical expenses, lost income, loss of quality of life, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. Below are a number of links to informative websites that can help individuals who would like to learn more about personal injury law. It is important for readers to note, however, that personal injury law varies from state to state, so it is important for anyone who believes that he or she may have a claim to discuss the matter with an experienced personal injury lawyer who practices in their jurisdiction. To schedule a free consultation with an attorney at Boling Rice LLC, call our office today at (770) 744-0890 or send us an email through our online contact form available here.
Links to legal information
- Tort Law Wikipedia Entry – This article is an excellent primer on tort law, which is the basis of personal injury litigation.
- American Bar Association Personal Injury Page – The American Bar Association’s (ABA) resource page on personal injury law with links to information regarding persona injury claims, negligence, medical malpractice, and product liability.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission – The office website of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the government agency that regulates the sale and manufacture of a variety of consumer products.
- Legal Information Institute Tort Law Entry – A definition and overview on tort law, published in conjunction with the Cornell University Law School. Also includes links to various other resources.
Information on common injuries that result in personal injury claims
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Information on Traumatic Brain Injury – Information, statistics, and prevention tips regarding traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- CDC information on Spinal Cord Injuries – A link to CDC information on spinal cord injuries (SCI).
- National Institutes of Health Information on Burns – Link to a page maintained by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) with information about burns, burn treatment, and burn prevention.
- National Safety Council Fall Prevention Site – A website with information, data, and prevention tips for slip and fall accidents.
Links to personal injury attorneys and law firms in other areas
- Stewart J. Guss, Houston Personal Injury Attorney – A Houston-area law firm representing people injured by the negligence of others.
- Ehline Law Firm PC – Southern California firm with multiple offices which focuses on personal injury law.
- Bruning Legal – A law firm based in St. Louis, Missouri that handles a variety of personal injury matters, with a special emphasis on representing the rights of people who have sustained serious burn injuries.
- L. Clayton Burgess, A Professional Law Corporation – A law firm practicing in personal injury law in Texas and Louisiana.
- Clements & Clements – A Dallas personal injury law firm handling car accident cases, negligence claims, workers’ compensation claims, and construction accidents.
- Dolman Law Group – A personal injury law firm based in Clearwater, Florida.
- The Fountain Law Firm – An Indianapolis personal injury law firm representing clients injured in preventable accidents, including car accidents, truck accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents.
- The Levin Firm – Based in Philadelphia, The Levin Firm represents people injured by the negligence of others as well as cases involving injury due to police brutality.