What are the Most Common Construction Accidents in Atlanta?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), construction workers have a higher risk of accidents and injuries than almost any other profession. Because of the general instability of construction sites and the heavy machinery and tools used, the BLS reports that more than 25% of construction workers have suffered some type of injury on the job. Such injuries can often be severe and even fatal, as almost 800 construction workers died on the job in 2010 alone. If you have been injured in an accident on a construction site, you may be able to recover for your injury-related losses and you should contact an experienced Atlanta construction accident attorney as soon as possible.
There are many ways in which a construction worker may suffer injury on the job, however the BLS reports that the following are the top ten most commonly cited construction site accidents:
- Falls from heights, such as ladders or scaffolding
- Slip and fall accidents due to debris on the ground or uneven surfaces
- Falling objects, such as tools, debris, or building materials
- Being trapped by materials against a wall or other object
- Burns or explosions
- Being hit by a vehicle, especially for road crew workers
- Accidents involving large machinery, such as bulldozers, cranes, jackhammers, power tools, and more
- Ground collapses, which are common around trenches or other excavation sites
- Overexertion, especially in hot and humid climates
If you are involved in a construction site accident because someone else was negligent or intentionally reckless, you deserve to be compensated for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, permanent disabilities, and any other losses you may have incurred due to the accident. Construction site injuries are also not limited to workers, since people driving or walking by a construction site may also be injured.
Contact an Atlanta personal injury lawyer for a free consultation
If you have suffered injury in any type of construction accident, an experienced personal injury lawyer at Boling Rice LLC can help you with a possible claim. We provide free initial consultations and will help you through every step of your construction injury case. Call our office today at (770) 744-0890 for assistance.