What if my Child is Injured in a School Bus Accident?
When you send your child off on a school bus, you should be able to trust that they will safely arrive at their destination. At the Atlanta law office of Boling Rice, LLC, we are dedicated to helping parents recover for injuries suffered in school bus accidents, so call today at (770)744-0890 to schedule a free consultation.
Common Causes of School Bus Injuries
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), school buses are one of the safest modes of transportation for children to and from school. However, thousands of children still continue to suffer various types of injuries on school buses on an annual basis. There are many different ways a child can be injured while taking a school bus, including the following:
- Suffering injuries in a collision due to the negligence of the school bus driver or a driver of another vehicle. Driver negligence can include distracted driving, impaired driving, violating traffic laws, and much more.
- Suffering injuries as a pedestrian while entering or exiting the school bus. Children may be hit by the school bus itself or by another vehicle, especially if drivers do not obey the stop signs on the school bus.
- Falls or other accidents caused by sudden braking or lurching of the school bus or other erratic driving behaviors.
- Injuries suffered due to a failing seat belt or other safety device.
- Injuries caused by defective windows or doors.
- Injuries caused by assaults from other students because the bus driver was not paying adequate attention to the security of students.
- Trip and fall accidents due to worn or uneven flooring, stairs, or other failures to properly maintain the school bus.
If your child suffered injuries in any type of school bus accident, you may hold the school bus company, driver, or even the school liable for any injury-related losses. Such losses may include medical bills, physical pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment of everyday life, permanent disabilities, and more. Though such financial recovery cannot help you child heal or take away their pain, it can make shouldering the cost of their physical recovery easier so you can focus on your child’s well-being.
Boling Rice LLC
750 Hammond Dr #300
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Phone: (770) 744-0890